10.25.2005

Better start planning. . .

As I said in a previous post, I plan on writing a novel during the month of November, as part of the NaNoWriMo project. Since I have less than a week to go, I'd probably better start putting some thought into the little details, like the name of the main character, the location, the genre, the villain. A plot might be nice, too.

I actually do have a rough idea, but no clue on where exactly it will take me. I figure that I am just going to make this whole thing up as I go along. After all, it works for some.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Names can be hard. You could do something like Marilyn Manson and assemble names from different celebrities (in their case, stars and homocidal maniacs). You could take, for example, first names from dead presidents, and last names from Oscar-winners.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Garou said...

I might just open the white pages of the phone book at random and grab a couple good first names, then flip some pages and grab some last names.

Or, my characters might be named Char1, Char2, Char3, etc, until mid-month, and then I do a global search-and-replace.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home