11.04.2005

Day three update.

Meant to post this last night, but decided I had been sitting at the computer long enough. I'm currently sitting at 10,337 words for my NaNoWriMo novel, which puts me at being more than 20% done. Holy crud. I look at the word count every once in a while when I am writing, mainly to see how far I have to go before I hit my daily goal, which is higher than the 1,667 that is required to get 50,000 words in 30 days.

My daily goal isn't higher because I want to write more than 50k (I do, but that's beside the point). It's higher because I know that there will be days where I just won't have time to get in more than 500 or 1000 words, and I want to have a buffer against such times.

Plus, it would be nice, when visiting the family for Turkey Day, to casually announce, "I've finished my novel."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just cruising thru blogdom here and noticed you're involved in NaNoWriMo. So am I. I have 15,000+ so far. Good luck!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home