4.24.2006

This bodes not well at all (advice requested)

ORN: 5 miles, 1 degree, 42:29 (or thereabouts), 1 degree.

Tonight was an easy enough run, for the most part, but, after a bit, the top of my left foot began to bug me. It wasn't "OMG! I can't keep doing this pain," or even "Youch, better alter my stride pain," but it is worrisome. I hadn't noticed it when I was running outside, and it didn't bother me on Saturday, but I did have some odd twinges when mowing the yard Saturday afternoon and walking around yesterday. I'm fairly certain that it's caused by my current (well, former, as of twenty minutes ago) sneakers, which were really just a pair of running shoes which hit 300 miles.

I'm hoping that I caught this early enough that it heals up before Saturday - in the meantime, I'm RICEing it (once I finish this), and biking the rest of the workouts this week. Hopefully all will be well by Friday night.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your probably wise to switch out old runners. thanks for the props on my blog, it's always nice to *meet* new bloggers.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you'll be fine. Just rest up this week!

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great race! Savour every moment.

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on Saturday!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home