4.13.2006

Question for any stay-at-home types

Right now, my son is sick, and I had a question for all the other stay-at-home parents (moms or dads, it doesn't matter): What do you do when your kid(s) are sick? I hate to toss workouts (and I did skip yesterday, and felt really bad about it), but I am not going to take him to the Y (and infect every other kid there, despite the fact that some parent probably did that to Kevin), and by the time my wife is home and he has had dinner, etc - I'm getting beat, and it's much harder to convince myself to get out the door and get moving.

Getting up early isn't really feasible - I'm no longer a morning person (if ever I was). I've had several jobs where I had to be at work by 6 am, and while it can be a wonderful, magical time, I've grown used to the luxury of sleeping in until 7 or so, and that's going to be a hard habit to break. (Especially considering that I have a huge problem getting to sleep before midnight or 1 am, no matter how tired I am. I just lie in bed, tossing and turning - it may be 11 pm, and I'm tired, but it's too early for me to sleep.)

Any advice from my regular reader(s)?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only choice you have it to get out the door and run. Then again, you could get a baby sitter for an hour or so.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have Tae-Bo DVD's for those days when I can't get out there--oh and a treadmill.

But the new Tae-Bo series' is great. It's the Boot Camp and it has done wonders for me. I highly recommend it.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home