11.19.2005

Booyah!

I am done. Cue the chorus, strike up the band, and uncork the champaign.

Today, at approximately 10:40 pm EST, I passed 50,000 words in the annual NaNoWriMo challenge. Although I have not posted an excerpt, you can view my word count total here.

I think I will take tomorrow off. For the rest of the month, I can be content to poke my head into my fuzzy little crappy novel, and add a couple hundred words per day. It's not done, not yet, because there are several scenes of "Now X happens to Y, so that Z can occur" and I need to flesh those out. And I think there are a few random subplot threads that I need to tie up or snip. All this can be done in editing. But as of today, 19 November, 2005, I can call myself an unpublished novellist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home