12.11.2006

Ouch

OKay, I finished up the "100 mile club" thingy on Saturday with a bit of bike work and a fairly short, but intense run. The original plan was to then to take Sunday off, and then go do some running on a track today, completely disconnected from clocks, splits, distance, cadence, etc, etc, etc. Just enjoy the feeling of being a runner again, because, despite my protests to the contrary, I was still "training" in that post-Chicago period, albeit training without a specific goal, and injured to boot.

I didn't run today. In part, because my darling son woke up more than an hour early today, but mainly because I had a dentist appointment this morning, and nothing says "You oughn't run" like a pounding headache and a sore jaw. On the plus side, my wife took him out this afternoon (she took the day off, a big help since today was his first dental appointment, where he did quite well), and, when he came back from the library, he hunted me down and read me his new book (Street Sweepers) to "make you feel better, Daddy."

I'll run tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger L*I*S*A said...

You're right...running and a sore jaw from dental work don't mix!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home