1.03.2007

Gonna be quiet for a bit

I'm still running, off and on, but not posting much. See, back in August, my mom was diagnosed with Stage IIIC Colon cancer, and, although we thought everything was fine (surgery went well, chemo was going okay, once we got past a few initial hiccups), this Christmas saw my mom back in the hospital, with another tumor. Apparently, not everything was caught the first time (which is why they do chemo), and the tumor is one of the ones which does not respond to the more conventional treatments. Currently, the prognosis is grim, but not dire - so, they're not saying "You only have a few weeks/months," but they are saying that there is no guarantee that this novel treatment regimen will be effective, and so we are in a "wait and see" pattern.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home