2.23.2005

Yep, I've been absent. . .

Haven't posted in the last couple of days. To be honest, I've been pretty busy with things, and since I have been avoiding political topics, there hasn't been much to update.

So, here's the last few days in a nutshell:

1) I've forgotten just how hard it is to build up a "pool" of gamers from the ground up. I've been running demos of a game at my Friendly Local Game Store (FLGS), and while there have been a few minor nibbles, I am certainly not turning away players. It's getting better, but it may well be months before the frustration and disappointment is replaced by a group of friendly opponents.

2) I've finally decided to risk it and actually try selling terrain as more than a hobby. I'm not a business yet, but I hope to change that by next year. It's not going to be easy, and probably not all that much fun, but I can face failure. I can't face not trying. Besides, right now, I am only risking my "fun money" for Gen-Con Indy.

3) Frustration at home. Kevin can say "uck" and "mama", with some additional babbles that are like proto-words. "Dada" is still beyond him, and I doubt that he wanders the house looking for me when I am not here. I know he loves me, and I get cerain faces from him that my wife doesn't, but still . . . . I am waiting to hear "dada". Someday, someday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to avoid political topics, but around election time, I realized I had a lot to say about politics. Even if I had nothing original to say, I enjoyed getting it out.

1) Never been there, never done that.

2) Infant care and home business are both more than full time. Yikes.

3) I used to worry about my daughter's "preferences," but having seen her behavior wax and wane over time, I don't worry anymore. It's a big topic, way outside the scope of this comment.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home