6.18.2006

Happy father's day

Today is Father's Day, and I just want to say two things:

First, happy Father's Day to all the other dads out there.

Second, my dad has been a phenomenal influence on my life. He worked hard, often at jobs he hated, to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table. He sheltered us from the worst of the world, and loved us enough to let us make our own mistakes. He knew when to give advice, and knew when we just wouldn't listen to anything and had to find things out ourselves. He wasn't perfect, but I swear, if I can be half the father that he has been, I'm going to be happy. It's a high bar, but Dad, thanks to you, I am going to give it a try.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like one great father and that's one sweet message to him.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home