6.06.2006

Blatant plug on D-Day (please read!)

Today, June 6, is the 62nd anniversary of D-Day. So, first, take a minute and remember all those who lost their lives on that day.

Second, I wanted to make a blatant plug for this:

Each year, Walter Reed Army Medical Center personnel do a fund raising drive for Army Emergency Relief, which is a private nonprofit organization dedicated to helping soldiers and their families with financial problems. This year, to help the fund raising, a local store has agreed to host the First Annual Flames of War Charity Tournament - we thought it would be appropriate, since AER was incorporated by the Secretary of Defense in 1942.I would appreciate it if y'all would help spread the word to stores in the region, or let me know who is around so I can contact them. You can click here for the tourney flyer for details, but in a nutshell:

48 player slots
Over $1500 in prizes
Free Lunch

Hope to see you in June, but if you cannot make it, you can always sponsor a player - PM me for details.-Dylan

Now, I don't care what anyone thinks about the current war in Iraq - that's not the point. The point is that, even if you can't go, even if you don't play the game, you can still donate. It's a darned good cause, and I'm hoping that my regular reader(s) can pass the word along.

(And for the record - yes, I play the game; no, I cannot be there for the event; and yes, I did sponsor a player.)

Edit: If you make a donation, or pass word along, please leave a comment. I'd like to know whom to thank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home