9.19.2006

The bonk heard round the world

OKay, not quite. I haven't posted in a while, but I have been running. I'm not going to even try and update all the ORNs since my last post - it includes a 22 mile run (where I not only crashed into the wall, I pulled it down on top of me), some piddly little 4-5 mile runs, a 3 mile run that hurt like heck, a 12 mile run with some fun intestinal distress, and today's 5.45 miles of hills. Suffice it to say that I have beek largely keeping on track for marathon training, although I am a little unsure that I will make my stated goal of 3:30.

Lifewise, I am now the proud owner of a minivan. Yes, since the death of the Intrepid, we found ourselves car-shopping a bit earlier than we planned, and with a second munchkin on the way, a minivan is a much more practical vehicle than several sedans and wagons that I had been considering. I don't hate the minivan, which is a huge step up from active dislike. It just makes me feel much older, I suspect - I don't think of myself as being over 30, or that my 20th high school reunion is coming up in a few years. Nothing says "adulthood" like a minivan though.

Hopefully, now that things are settling down again, I can get back into posting on a regular basis.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Piddly 4-5 mile runs??? You insult your adoring public! LOL! Nothing says minivan like a family. I'm forty and I feel like, well, me! 22 miles is fantastic. Good for you. Looking forward to hearing from you more often.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Mmmm...you threw in the towel and got a minivan, huh. I'm still fighting that one for now.

You'll come back from your crash...I had one a week ago and came back yesterday with a great 18 miler. Hang in there.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home