8.30.2006

Still updating, still running.

Got things to do tonight, so this is going to be short.

Saturday long run - 10.6 miles (supposedly, might have been only 10, but felt closer to 11, so 10.6 is probably correct), 1:34:05. Would have been faster, should have been faster, but I was running with someone else, and he faded a bit in the second half. I could have left him behind, but there was no one in the group ahead of me, and the closest people were several minutes behind us, so I helped encourage him along. Besides, I wasn't trying to kill myself - or even push very hard.

Monday - 4 miles, 1.2 degrees, 28:34. That's right, an average pace of better than 8 mph. My speedwork might actually be starting to pay off.

Today - 3.5 miles in 26:22, 1.2 degrees, a bit of walking, and then an additional .5 miles at a 10 mph pace. I just wanted to see how long I could hold it. Probably longer than .5 miles, but I am doing a little "mini-taper" before Monday's race.

2 Comments:

Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Yay for tapering...even if it is only "mini" ...keep it up!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Great job - you are really getting fast!! Good luck Monday!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home