8.25.2006

Update (part II)

OKay, I have managed to get some running in this last week. Nothing really good, and far too sporadic to do anything more than (perhaps) maintain my level of fitness, but I'll be satisfied with that at the moment.

Last Friday: 6 miles, 1.2 degrees, 47:21. It's a bit faster than my "happy-fun-goal" race pace, mainly due to a hard push at the end. Gee, only 20.2 more miles to go at that pace.

Tuesday - 4 miles, 1.2 degrees, 29:43. Nice to know that, when the "Indoor Triathalon" rolls around again, I can manage 2 miles in a 15 minute period. With any luck, I might get it closer to 2.5 in that time, and I would love to do close to 3.

Today - 5 miles, 1.3 degrees, 37:23. All of these runs have been at a 7.8 mph pace, which is actually faster than the pace that I plan on running for the marathon. I might be overtraining a little, but I am trying to work on form and speed, so I'll accept it for now. The half-marathon that I have coming up on Labor Day will be the real test as to whether or not this is paying off.

3 Comments:

Blogger taylor said...

Wow, speed racer! Nice runs. Good luck on the half.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Wes said...

Welcome back! So glad to here that you mom is on the road to recovery. Looks like you've jumped right back into where you left off, despite the ever so slight loss of fitness :-) Keep up the good work!!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Those are some great runs!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home