2.04.2007

Got my run in today

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.


Actually, it's not that bad. As I said before, I want to do more of my runs, probably even most of my runs, at a 2.0 or 2.5 degree incline. I ran a lot of hills prior to my first marathon, I ran a constant incline on the treadmill in preparation for Chicago, and I think that it really helps me when I get onto the actual course. After all, I am aiming for an incline that is actually higher than what is needed to simulate wind resistance, so on race day, the pace I set seems easier, even if it is slightly faster than my training paces.

So, tonight was 4 miles, in about 31:30, which is slower than I would have liked, but still acceptable. And, I also was out in the frigid temps earlier today, snowblowing our drive, plus a neighbors, and then doing a quick shovel of a third. After all, I was already out there, I had the snowblower going, and I might as well get some use out of it, right? (The one I shovelled had mostly blown clear, so I just cleared off as much snow as I could - but the snowblower would have been overkill, frankly. And too close to their cars.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

I luv the fact you can do a whole nother mile than me in the same time :-) I almost always run on 2% because the treadmill is doing some of the work for you. Getting up above 2% has to be tough. Have fun!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home