1.14.2007

First "long" run in a while

Okay, I haven't made any visible changes to the blog yet - I'm looking for new links, debating keeping some of the old, looking at some coding issues, and other "bells and whistles". It's not as though my massive audience of 2 (3?) is breaking down the door, demanding a new and improved version of my classic brain dribbles.

On to running, right? Tonight was a continuation of my "long run" series. As you may recall, I hadn't run more than 3 miles or so since Chicago, and boy, did it show when I hit mile 4 or 5. Tonight was a 7 mile run, at a fairly leisurely pace. I finished in less than an hour, but not by a whole bunch, so I can see that I need to work a bit to get back to doing close to 8.3 for more than an hour. The good news is that it didn't take much out of me, and, although I might be sore in the morning, it's probably going to be no worse than any other run. In time, my plan is to do tonights run at a (slightly) faster pace, twice a week, in addition to a speedwork session, maybe a hills run, and a long slow run. Once it gets into summer, I am going to have to do a couple back-to-back long run days, just to start prepping myself for a half-marathon one day and a marathon the next. At least, I'll need to do it if I want to actually race them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

I demand a change! There! At least 33-50% of your public would like a change. Nice to see you getting back into some distance running. Probably giving that new mill a spin for its money...

8:42 AM  
Blogger Iron Jayhawk said...

Hey now...you're audience is more than 2-3 readers.

Looking forward to seeing all these new sexy changes.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home