5.07.2008

I was only kidding.. . .

A couple of days ago, I was talking with our babysitter, and for some reason, we were discussing how to get rid of weeds. I joked that I wasn't going to mess around with any sort of harsh chemicals or truly toxic herbicides this year. No, I swore that this summer, I was just going to fire up an acetylene torch and burn those things out of existence.

(Disclaimer - some people don't consider a patch of violets to be weeds. Normally, I wouldn't either, but since the local deer population apparently needs a violet-scented restroom, I want to take action to avoid doing the deer-dropping two-step every time I mow the back yard.)

Anyway, I was only kidding. Better living through chemistry, and really, why not use an herbicide so powerful that nearby plants wilt when you open the container? But, lo and behold, I see that this is available.

2000 degrees of propane-powered incineration at my fingertips. What could possibly go wrong?

1 Comments:

Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I am amazed. That thing looks cool!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home