4.06.2006

Makita's top 10 Challenge

Here is my list of top 10(ish) songs, to contribute to Makita's little challenge.

  1. Superman Theme - it just gets me up and moving. I'm going to try and ensure that it turns up about the 20-mile mark on my marathon.
  2. Movin' Right Along, from the Muppets. Bouncy, upbeat, fast.
  3. Dance Into the Light, by Phil Collins
  4. Don't Give Up, by Peter Gabriel
  5. Learning to Fly, by Pink Floyd
  6. Take On Me, by Ah-ha
  7. Sympathy for the Devil, by Rolling Stones - it's a nice long song, so if I push hard for its duration, I can cover some ground.
  8. Maui Hawaiian Sup'pa Man, by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (also his version of Take Me Home, Country Roads)
  9. Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, from Spamalot
  10. Down Under, by Men at Work
  11. I Wan'na Be Like You, from the Jungle Book
  12. Lookin' Out My Back Door, by CCR
  13. Jenny, by Tommy Two-tone
  14. Burning Down the House, by Talking Heads

There are plenty of others - One Night in Bancock, Karma Chameleon, 99 Red Balloons, and so forth, but, to be honest, my current MP3 player has something like 450 songs in it, and I'm not terribly inclined to go through the whole list right now. I know that I have some duplicates, but even after I get rid of them, I'll still have 440 or so - and they are all in my "Short Run List".

Of course, if I ever have one run that actually goes through the entire "Short Run List," it's going to be an ultra-marathon. I'm slow, but not nearly that slow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great songs!! I love the kiddie songs you've included too. I have Hawaiian Roller Coaster ride on my iPod. I also love IZ--his version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World." gets me every time.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so cool... I am learning of a number of artists that I haven't even heard of (I'm so behind the times/out of the loop/head in the clouds...whatever you want to call it). Thank you so much!

Off to do some downloading. :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger Garou said...

Yeah, I have IZ's "Somewhere/Wonderful" in my playlist somewhere - I can thank an episode of ER for that one.

My list actually has a lot of Disney songs, and some Schoolhouse Rock, etc. I have a toddler running around, so it's really only a matter of time until "Wheels on the Bus" makes it to the list. :)

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home