4.12.2006

Planning ahead

With my marathon coming up at the end of the month, I'm already starting to look ahead for some inspiration. I'm contemplating these races, and probably some others. I should try to do at least one every month or so, even if it is a short one like a 5k or 10k.

August: Run Thru Hell (10 mile)
September: The Runner's Edge Trail Half Marathon (my first half-marathon ever, done last year - I want to shave another 5 minutes or more off my current PR)
October: Chicago Marathon (26.2, silly)

This leaves a lot of open time - I might add the Cereal City Classic (10k), the Run to Climax (7k?), or the Fifth Third River Bank Run (25k). The River Bank run is only a couple of weeks after the marathon - but then again, I am certain that I could do a 20 mile run tomorrow, and I ran close to a marathon two weeks ago. I wouldn't win any prizes, but I would finish.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I regret that I never did the "run through hell" when I lived in Michigan. It sounded like a cool race.

Good luck with tapering for your marathon.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home