4.29.2006

Today, I am a marathoner

I'm sore and tired (though no longer sweaty and salty, thanks to a shower), so here is the short version:

Today, I finished my first marathon, the EC Trails marathon, which starts in Independence Grove (in Libertyville, Il), and basically goes north to almost the Wisconsin state line. I was hoping to beat 4 hours (which would be my super-happy dance for joy time), but my primary goal was to finish in good form and in good health. I'm happy to say that I accomplished my primary goal, and even my super-happy dance (well, stagger) goal, with an unofficial time of 3:48:17. It wasn't a chipped race, so I might be off by a bit, but I certainly beat 4 hours, and I beat 3:50.

I'll post splits and what not tomorrow, but right now, I'm off to celebrate. Thanks to all those who gave advice and "Good luck" wishes - they really helped sustain me during the hard parts of the race.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME job, way to go! Rest up!!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! That is a GREAT time. How you had a great celebration, you earned it!!!!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home