6.19.2006

The arrival of Pepé Le Pew

That's right - our favorite mammal, the skunk, has chosen to grace my domicile. And not just one, oh heavens no! A small family has decided that the area beneath our patio is the perfect nesting site. I discovered them today, and, unless there is some other animal which is black and white, has a bunch of tails,and that same peculiar, nose-searing odor, I think it is safe to say that we have a small family of skunks.

Unfortunately, I discovered them too late in the day to contact any sort of animal control, though I was fortunate enough to discover them without getting sprayed. Just a lucky glance out the window, otherwise I probably would have been gotten when I mowed past that area tonight.

On the running front, today was (ostensibly) an easy 4 miles (7.2 mph, 1.1 degrees, 32:16 or so), though I did ramp it up considerably at the mile 3 mark. I just wanted to be done - the Y was packed today, with almost every dreadmill in operation when I started, and it got so danged hot that I am planning some runs in the middle of the day to cool off.

On my way out, I noticed a flyer - apparently, there will be a meeting next Monday night, where people can join a group that is training for the Detriot Marathon. Chicago is the week before, but I could probably do at least some of the long runs with people. At the very least, it wouldn't cost me anything more than time to check it out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know if you are running Detroit and I'll go down and cheer you on, I plan on being at the 15 mile Gu stop with the DJ so get your dancing shoes on too! Run Good!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely check it out...

...what's the verdict with the skunk family setting up tent at your campsite?

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh!!! We had a skunk camp in our garage for one evening a few years ago. They are so cute to be such "stinkers"!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home