7.25.2006

Sore this morning. . .

ORN: (Monday run) 3 miles, 2.5-3.5 degrees, 7.2 or 9.3+ mph. 22:24 for total time.

I woke up really sore this morning. It might have had something to do with yesterday's run. Last night, I headed over to the Y, to try and work on improving my cadence. I did an easy mile to warm up, and then started alternating - one minute at a high speed pace, and then a minute of recovery. I tried to ensure that my cadence picked up when I increased the speed, as opposed to the length of my stride, which is what normally happens. I figure that once my body gets used to 170 steps/minute, the stride length will start returning at the higher speeds, and I might actually get faster.

Anyway, I got through 4 sets of the fast/recovery, then did a long recovery of about a half-mile, and then a final quarter mile at high speed, high cadence, and higher than normal incline.

So, that might be why I was a bit sore this morning, and why today's run is going to wait until evening. Or, it might be because I moved about 1.5 - 2 tons of rock yesterday, and laid out a bunch of new weedcloth. Or perhaps it was the combination of both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home