10.02.2006

Ouch, ouch, ouch.

Okay, let's toss in some updates again. (I swear that I am going to get regular about my posting again, honest.)

Last week, I did 5 miles of hills, 4 miles and some of speedwork (2 miles, 1 mile rest, 1 mile, slight rest, half and an additional mile tacked on to some other workout), and a couple of small runs, in addition to my long slow run.

The long slow run was supposed to be my last 20 miler, but my foot was bugging me, and I cut it short to a mere 14. There are four likely causes for the pain:

Metatarsal Stress Fracture
Bone spur
Poorly-fitting shoes
Extensor tendinitis

Now, the shoes were getting close to the mileage that I normally get out of them, and I did increase the hills and speedwork, so my money is a combination of the shoes starting to go and the tendinitis. So, right now, I am doing RICE therapy, and I suspect that most, if not all, of my workouts this week will involve the bike instead of the treadmill.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Those are some good workout.
Get some new shoes and don't stress about cutting the run short.
I hope your foot is feeling better soon.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home