1.28.2006

Marathon training, day 11

ORN: 9.3-9.4 miles, about 83 minutes, 9/1 run/walk. I was originally planning on running 10 miles, but my stomach was acting up, and when I had to reset the treadmill at the end of the first hour, I just had some real problems getting started again.

It was my first "long" run since the half-marathon, and I was pleasantly suprised to find that it wasn't actually all that hard. I started increasing the speed on the running, which helped keep the pace fairly consistent with my normal, continuous run. My HR was a little high, but not bad, and I suspect more of it had to do with the extra effort that hamster runs always seem to require.

A good day, overall, and a pretty decent week. Tomorrow is a rest day, then I start back up with an easy run. I'll probably make my long run about 12 miles next Saturday though - I'd like to get up to 20 by the end of February or early March, so that I can taper back down before the marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home