1.25.2006

Training update: Day 8

ORN: Easy day, 4.4 miles in 35 minutes (hamster run). I took it fairly easy, but I have started to pick up the pace. It's seeming more likely that the main reason for my slower pace on the training runs has been largely self-imposed. I had been thinking that running more than 1/2 mile at a 7:30 pace was beyond me, but I'm easily doing that now - I'm able to hold a faster pace for more than a mile, without any real problems. Once I start doing real speedwork, I should be able to pick up that pacd, or maintain it for a longer period.

I did feel a little down in the dumps though - the Y was pretty packed, and I wound up on the treadmill next to a triathelete. He was flying - his relaxed and easy pace was well above my pacing, but I suspect that he has been training for much longer than I have. I know that I am not destined to be the fastest runner, but it can be a little disheartening to be running next to someone who is obviously able to clean your clock in a race without any real effort.

On the other hand, I'm sure that there are people who look at me when I am doing an easy run, and think exactly the same thing. In the end though, the only person I am really running against is myself, and today was a pretty decent run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home