1.18.2006

Marathon training (Day 1ish)

ORN: Biked 30 minutes (covering 10.4 miles). Ran 20 minutes (doing a 4:1 run/walk ratio, covered 2.25 miles), did some light weights. I was originally planning on biking for a full hour, but just after minute 28, my left calf seized up, and I had a major cramp.

It's my own fault, really. I hadn't been drinking water, and I had forgotten that I tend to overheat much more on the recumbent bikes than on the treadmill or the road. After all, while a treadmill has no breeze, I'm also not resting on a seat with my back against a cushion. I managed to (1) not cuss; and (2) work through it enough to finish up 30 minutes on the bike, and it didn't bother me much while I was running.

The run was pretty easy, but it did confirm that I overpronate. It just means that I have to replace my shoes now, instead of at the end of the month.

(And yes, despite previous running, I am listing today as Day 1ish, because I haven't officially signed up for a marathon yet. I will, but everything up to that day is just random running, not training.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home