5.09.2006

Running once again

ORN: 5 miles, 37:50, 1 degree.

Today was my first "real" run since the marathon. I did a couple short 2-2.5 mile runs the first couple of days afterwards, but then lost a day to travel, and then 3 more to illness. I'm pretty sure that today was the first time I had run in the last week.

So, today was my first real run on "post-marathon" legs - and, unless today was an aberration, I am thinking that I might have a lot more potential than I thought. I'm not claiming Olympic-level potential, or even winning small local events, but I think I might actually be able to qualify for Boston within the next couple of years.

I'm a little concerned that, without a definite racing schedule, I might slack off and not really push myself as much as I can. I think that I need to decide, today, between Chicago and Detroit, and register. Not because slots are filling fast (though Chicago apparently may fill up before the end of the month), but because I want to do a solid training schedule, with lots of time for speed and distance workouts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya. I do much better when training FOR something. That is why the day after the CM Marathon I starting thinking about doing the Memphis Marathon in Dec. That way maybe I will stay on track and not lose the fitness I have worked so hard to achieve.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you have LOTS of potential! For whatever that's worth.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home