10.03.2006

Looks like a girl

Remember that I had made a post about why I wasn't going to run the Goofy Challenge next year? Well, today we went in for the 20 week ultrasound, and, although the little one was not terribly cooperative, it appears that we need to start shopping for the obligatory 3,418 little frilly dresses and 837 pairs of little frilly shoes.

ORN: Nothing yet today, but I plan on doing at least 15 on the bike later tonight. The local YMCA (where I do my dreadmill workouts) has a "100 Mile Club," where you are supposed to run or walk 100 miles between Oct 1 and sometime in December. I forget the ending date, but it works out to 10 weeks. Now, you can bike it, but bike miles only count as 1/3 of whatever you do - so a 12 mile bike ride counts as 4 miles.

The good news is that I can count outdoor runs, and, more importantly, races. I'm thinking of trying to see if I can break 300 miles in that period - with Chicago, it's certainly possible.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Congratulations! I didn't know you had another little runner on the way.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Congrats! Don't forget the hair bows too!

We had a walk across Tennessee thing at the Rec Center last year where you logged your miles and tried to be the first team across the state. It was fun. Good luck on the 100 mile club.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home