10.09.2006

Revising the time goal?

ORN: 5 miles, 1.3 degrees, 8 min/mile pace, plus 3 miles biking. Total 100 mile club: 21.

I might have to revise my time goal. Thanks to the foot injury and the head cold, I missed almost all of last week, and had to cut some other runs short. I'm not worried about finishing, but I think I might have to chuck my time goal and simply be content with a finish at the moment. Today's run was much harder than it should have been - it's obvious that I lost something in the last week of slothitude. Hopefully I can recover most of it before the 22nd, but I am starting to prepare for a less-than-hoped for race experience.

It's not a big deal - I wasn't even close to a BQ, and I should still set a PR, albeit by much less of a margin than I had originally hoped and planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home