2.12.2007

Too fast, too furious

Okay, the first part (too fast) certainly applies to last night's run. I debated doing a longer run, like 4 or 5 miles, but decided to do a quick run (speedwise, not distance). The original plan was to do 2 miles at a 6:14 pace (or thereabouts), just to see if I could do it. The short answer is: no.

After a half-mile, I had to tone it down and dial it back. I recovered fairly quickly at the slower pace, and kept picking things up. I decided to change the plan from doing 2 miles to seeing what I could do in 15 minutes.

See, the indoor triathlon is coming up, and while I am not participating, I would like to see roughly how I would fare against some of the other people. So, since the running portion is 15 minutes on a treadmill, with no incline, I decided to do that. The results (2.15 miles) were okay, though I figure that a slower start would actually give me a better result. So, next week, I'll try that. Tonight will be a 4 or 5 mile run, depending on how I feel and how much time I have.

I am thinking that I might want to get a set of Yaktrax (or something similar), at least for next winter. Right now, it's in the mid-20's and snowing lightly. I'd love to be out in this, but can't, since I am not pushing a jogging stroller (and munchkin) over unplowed streets, and by the time I go running tonight, it's going to be slick enough that I don't want to chance it with my normal outdoor running shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home