3.01.2007

Time for another update

OKay, let me confess - I haven't run since Saturday. It's not because of the new arrival. It's because of what happened on my long slow run for Saturday. I was chugging along, not as fast as I would like, but not terribly disappointed, for the first 5 miles or so. Then, because it was a long run, and I need to get back in the habit, I sucked down a Gu.

And started coughing. And coughing. And coughing. A mile later, I was still hacking. It wasn't the Gu; I had come down with the same cold that passed from my wife to son to in-laws to me and the little one. The munchkin had it the worst, but I had it bad enough that running was out of the question.

So, I took off until today, and logged an easy 4 miles. I'm waaay behind schedule, and the race I wanted to run in March is closed. (My fault, really - I kept putting off registration because we weren't sure if we were going to be in the area of the race; I should have just signed up and made arrangements on my own. Oh well; I'll run it next year.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Ooh. Nasty! Hope you feel better soon. There's nothing worse than having a miserable infant! I have learned this. I'm sure you will find another race to more than make up for it, and there is always next year!!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home