10.11.2006

Still debating on time goal

ORN: 5 miles, 1.3 degrees, all at 8 min/mile or faster.

I was planning on doing a full hour at this speed, but I forgot to grab some Kleenex, and since my allergies are still acting up, I had to cut my run short. If it had been a race, I would have kept going, as every moderately-experienced runner knows how to clear those nasal passages while on the move - but the Y probably frowns on that sort of behavior.

I'm still waffling on that time goal - I really want a 3:30, but I did know months ago that it was going to be a toughie to cut that much time off from my first marathon. I'm not sure if I should sign on with the 3:30 pace group and try to keep up with them, or go with the 3:40, and try to just have a strong final 2-3 miles, cutting my time to a sub 3:40, though not by more than a couple minutes.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home