1.11.2007

4 within 48

So today was supposed to be a cross-training day. I guess, since I used the rowing machine, it was, but I also ran 4 miles. I used only a slight incline (0.5) for most of it (well, everything past mile 1, anyway), and started at a modest 7.0 mph. Every tenth of a mile, I would increase the speed by .1 mph, so by the end of mile 1, I was going 8 mph. I picked it up a bit more than that, actually, so that I could hold almost a half-mile at a fast 9.2 (I think), and then slowly started backing it down, about as quickly as I had sped up. Intersting workout, and it definitely forced me to pay attention to what I was doing, instead of just going through the motions.

This brings my current total to 32.1 miles. And only about 4 days behind where I wanted to be. I'll catch up soon enough, possibly before the end of the month. I might manage to get to about 45 before the end of the 14th, and I wanted to be at about 62, so I'm going to have to pick things up a bit. I just need to keep reigning myself in, so that I don't injure myself trying to add too much, too soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Wow. I can't imagine running at 8 mph yet, much less 9. It will come, I hope. Nice job. You are closing the gap nicely.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home